We are looking to hire a field operator who will operate safely and efficiently her/his designated unit(s) at Damietta site, align with different plant departments using methanex standards and procedures to ensure personnel &, environment safety, asset integrity and efficient delivery of on specification Methanol.
Production and Plant Efficiency:
- Apply the Operating Discipline Principles, Procedures, RC Standards & Practices Continuously to ensure safe and efficient operation of designated units in normal operation as well as Startup and shut down.
- Performs safely all assigned tasks such as daily routine activity, field checks, equipment preparation for maintenance, routine samples, checking conditions of the running equipment, daily reading logs, shift handover logs, etc.….
- Troubleshoot and collaborate with others in troubleshooting for designated plant areas as per the Emergency Operating Procedures EOP.
- Identify any abnormality with plant equipment and assets and report it via the work order system on (MAXIMO) system to communicate this issue to service departments.
- Collect routine and special samples to the Lab according to the schedule and sampling procedures.
- Ensure plant cleanliness and safe work environment through participating in related programs
- Record and log all required process conditions in his area using field Logs and Field handover logs and communicate any deviation from normal conditions to panel operators and service departments to avoid loss of production targets and safe plant equipment’s.
- Participate in review, update and/or development of operations procedures and Check Lists with teams to ensure safety and reliable plant operation.
- Identify possible areas of improvement either for safety or production in plant areas and communicate his/her suggestions formally
Safety, Health and Responsible Care:
- Respond to plant emergencies along with fire brigade team using ERP, Act as Emergency Responder for Fire Fighting, Rescue, HAZMAT to ensure safe and efficient plant operation.
- Ensure his/her competency to respond to all plant emergencies as Firefighting, HAZMAT, etc.…. through participating in effective and comprehensive emergency training, exercises and frequent drills as planned.
- Identify incidents and report them through IMS system and apply any corrective actions and investigations to develop and implement quality and safety.
- Identify any Environmental hazards and risks, report them using Methanex guidelines, mitigate it to reduce the risks to employees and environment.
- Apply RC standards of Personnel Health & Safety using proper PPE’s and deal with chemicals by strong knowledge of MSDS of different Chemicals to protect plant employees.
- Review the work permits documents and preparations according to (WSCS) procedures in order to authorize safe and efficient maintenance activities of the Plant assets and equipment.
- Organize and control the maintenance of up to five work permit activities in his designated area beside the normal operations work activities
- Monitor Work in his area from service departments continuously to minimize any hazards and ensure safety of plant operations.
- B.Sc. Engineering (chemical, science or equivalent).
- At least 3 years’ experience in Petrochemical or Gas Processes Plant operation.
- Very good command of English language.
- Good computer skills and understanding of MS. office application.
- Showing high potential & motivation for carrier development in operation.
- High level of accuracy and attention to details.
- Ability to work under pressure.