Our client is looking for a Material Clerk in Prince George, BC.
This is a 6 month contract.
- The duties of the Material Clerk should be to receive, check, maintain, and account for all material used in assigned construction projects.
- Maintain required record keeping system for materials, manufacturers, equipment data, and general correspondence for assigned construction projects.
- Check all materials received from the Stores Department and vendors for correctness and condition of materials.
- Maintain the necessary records for these materials to be utilized for construction of pipeline and station projects.
- Deliver materials to the construction site and assist in the unloading of materials received from the vendors and Stores Department
- Assure that all material received is stored in a safe and non-damaging manner and shelter is provided where necessary.
- Maintain schedules of anticipated material deliveries from Stores and Purchasing Departments and various vendors and keeps the Construction Office and other interested parties informed.
- Procure materials not originally ordered from Company warehouse and various suppliers.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for unused materials at the completion of projects.
- Collect, account, and follow proper methods of disposal for retired materials as specified in the Environmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Collect required reporting information necessary to prepare Company completion reports which are inventories of property units installed or retired.
- Investigate discrepancies reported by the Controller?s Department on the difference report.
- The Material Clerk should exhibit an introductory knowledge of gas pipeline construction and be able to complete assigned work under limited supervision.
- The Clerk should have a pick-up truck.
- Demonstrated ability to drag drawings
- Fundamental understanding of Project lifecycles
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Visio, and SharePoint
- Data analysis
Petroplan is the trusted global recruitment solutions partner for clients and professionals in the oil, gas and energy sector. Our mission is to explore with you, seeking optimum talent solutions for our clients and the very best opportunities for our candidates.
Bringing over 40 years’ experience, providing experts and professionals into roles across the energy sector from Engineering, Exploration and Production, O&M projects to Corporate & Commercial. Specialist industry & technical knowledge makes our team true experts.
1000s of placements in more than 40 countries for over 180 clients across 65 disciplines
Led today by a predominantly female Board of Directors who provide strong leadership and demand consistency of service to ensure clients receive unrivalled service levels and quality candidates to meet their specific needs. This leadership ethos is underpinned by a positive and client led management structure.
Ref No: BBBH37142